Monday, May 17, 2010

Here Kitty Kitty

So I have a little side project going for a wall hanging.  I was looking for something different and came across this set of cats in's free pattern's directory.  I had to have them but as per my usual thing I ignored the thread color directions and used what I wanted .

I got them done pretty fast actually, only took me a week for all four but it has taken me nearly 2 weeks to figure out what I wanted to do with them.  I finally figured it out.  Last night actually!  I will be using these fabrics in a scrappy version of a Garden Maze pattern.
The empty muslin sections will probably have cat related quilting but I haven't decided yet.  May even put in some embroidery, have no idea.  We'll see which muse starts talking when I get to that point.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Jacobean Attic Windows is out of the frame!

So the majority of the hand stitching has been completed.  We finished the frame portion of the work about a half hour before the end of our workday today and had enough time for a quick picture.  If you click on the picture above you should be directed to a very large version of this if you would like to see the stitching pattern closer.  
Now comes the fun part.....  I get to go back over it and fix anything we missed or accidentally messed up.  Then I get to trim it up and add the binding.  That I have to think on, still haven't decided what to bind it with, maybe more of the black pattern, maybe, maybe not.  And considering the large number of shedding animals in my house right now (7 cats 6 dogs) I will have to confine all work on this to my bedroom where no critters other than hatchings are allowed so it's going to take even longer.

But the hardest part is done.

Now onto the next project..... embroidered cats.....  Stay tuned for pictures, I have a decent camera now ;)