Thursday, October 8, 2009

Why am I doing this?

Seriously, I have no clue. I guess it's just another way to be creative.
I have far too many hobbies that use needles and have stepped on more than a few stray needles. They hurt, make you pause for a second to retrieve them and are generally an aggravation. Then you go on your merry way and eventually you step on another one. I guess that's what I am, a stray needle.
Not sure how often I'm going to update this, my hobbies and interests keep me hopping, though I will strive for at least every month.

Hobbies for these stray needles:
Quilting, not just piecing bits of fabric together and handing it off to someone to finish, I'm talking quilting, the real deal with little needles and lots of thread and a thimble that doesn't have a hole in it.
Sewing, yes I do still sew somethings by hand.
Applique, not with the machine either. I cut out my pieces and turn them under and out comes that needle.
Bead weaving, not just loom work either. I am partial to RAW (right angle weave) and Peyote stitches at the moment.
Needle tatting, still not proficient with it though.
Embroidery, no easy way out here with a machine, no I do this by hand, with needles. And we aren't talking cross stitch either, no that would be too easy.
Beaded embroidery, same thing as above but with tiny beads added to the mix. Can you tell I'm a glutton for punishment yet?

There are a few more I think but can't remember since I don't do all of this every day.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new blog. I just started my own this week too--the blue zoo, for the same reason. I wanted another creative outlet and I love to write. Best of luck :-)

    ReplyDelete